Thursday, April 12, 2012

A question of friendship

I wonder how many other women have gone through the same thing as me.  You have these friends, and you're close, tell each other everything, there's nothing you won't do together.  Then BAM one of you has a baby and suddenly the other(s) forget you exist.

I couldn't imagine forgetting my friends.  It even went so far as having a birthday forgotten.  I realize I'm probably not all that fun anymore, often I am in sweats, hair a mess with a random crumb from the mornings poptart clinging to the strands of it, but damn I'm the same person I was before, there's just a little person that needs my attention too. Not to mention the rest of my family.

I don't know.  I suppose upon reflecting I probably need more friends with little kids like I have and should stop clinging to the ones I went clubbing or to the bar with.

Especially since staying up past 10 pm is adventurous these days.

Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment